Thursday, September 25, 2014

You Learn Something Every Day.

They say you learn something every day. Yesterday, I learned TWO things.

Bonus! 

Here is what I learned:

Fact #1 - if you forget to put the salt in your sourdough bread, it will have no flavor.


pretty...but tasteless.

Fact #2 - if you notice the Genesee District Library says you still have a ($15) book in your posession, which you know you returned, you have no recourse. You will be told, by the librarian, "It (the book) is not where it is supposed to be. You are welcomed to look for it, yourself."



Today


  • This morning, I remembered to put the salt in my bread dough (trying sourdough RYE this time). 
  • I have purchased (online) the books my children and I have planned to read. 
  • Should I ever use the Public Library again, I will stand there and make them check the books in while I watch.


After all, what is the point of learning "the hard way" if you do not, actually, learn?

2 comments:

  1. Had similar experiences at the library. Found missing book neatly shelved:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And.. if you double the salt and halve the recipe, the bread will be very salty. Put cream cheese on it and it's almost a salty bagel flavor.

    ReplyDelete